Followers

Monday, July 10, 2017

DICED CHICKEN WITH DRIED CHILLIES

I think this is the simplest ‘Gong Pao Chi Ting’ recipe that I have came across.  It is too simple to believe with only 2 main ingredients [Chicken meat and dried chillies] and a seasoning sauce. 
Perhaps, this is because the recipe is from a very old recipe book where the recipes are all very simple [no frills].  There is no onions, spring onions, capsicum, some usual accompaniments added but I did add some garlic because I  thought the garlic would be good with the sauce.
This fragrant dish tastes awesome, savoury and spicy.  Perfect with plain white rice.

Recipe adapted from Chinese Cuisine Cookbook
Ingredients
[serves 3]
2 large deboned chicken whole legs – cut into ½ inch cubes
Marinade – 1 tbsp light soy sauce, ½ tbsp cooking wine and 1 heaped tbsp cornstarch
10 dried red chillies – soaked  to soften and cut small sections
Some crushed garlic [optional]
Seasoning Sauce [combined]
¼ tsp msg
 1 tbsp each  sugar and  water
1 tsp each wine,  dark vinegar,  sesame oil and cornstarch
1 ½ tbsp light soy sauce
  1. Pound the meat lightly and cut into cubes.  Season with marinade for 20 minutes.
  2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick wok, sauté dried chillies over medium heat until aromatic, add in garlic, stir fry before adding chicken.
  3. Continue to fry until well done [about a minutes], then add in the seasoning.Stir until sauce is bubbly and coats the chicken pieces well.
  4. Dish up to serve. Garnish with sliced cucumbers.
Cookbook Countdown

I am sharing this post with Cookbook Countdown Event #19 hosted by Joyce and Emily of Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking [Makan2] Foray respectively

2 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
This book, is it a Taiwan or China publication? The recipes that you've made from this book, looks delicious. I have a similar old China cookbook bought decades ago, and the recipes that I've tried was good. Maybe I should take it out and use it again, as there are many more recipes that I've wanted to try.

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I supposed it's China Publication. I have the bilingual copy.