This chicken recipe is a good dish to energise the body. It is also a healthy dish for slimming diet if you are cutting down on carbo intake and yet can enjoy a good meal while shaping up.
A very simple fried chicken that is aromatic, tasty, savoury and sourish. Great to have them with a bowl of salad or raw leafy greens. Adding lime juice helps to eliminate some of the fat content.
3 deboned chicken whole legs with skin - remove excess fats
some chopped coriander leaves
some toasted sesame seeds
some lime juice
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tsp each of 5 spice powder and ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt to taste
- Prepare the chicken whole legs, chicken chop style. You can get the vendor to prepare this for you.
- Marinate chicken whole legs with marinade for several hours or overnight. Store is a tight container in the fridge.
- Heat a non stick wok without oil, pan fry chicken whole legs [skin side first] until oil from the skin oozes out. Use this oil to fry until the skin is golden brown and crispy at the edges.
- Flip over to fry the meat side until chicken is cooked through. You can cover to fry the chicken pieces to speed up the cooking time. Sprinkle some sesame seeds .
- Flip over to fry the skin side for 1-2 minutes before dishing up o n a plate. Remove excess oil
- Cut the fried chicken, drizzle over some lime juice and then sprinkle with some toasted sesame seeds and extra ground black pepper.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve immediately.