Followers

Monday, November 28, 2016

A FRIEND'S CHICKEN

This chicken dish is my close friend's very own creation years ago. It is a very simple dish, aromatic, full of flavours and healthy.
All you need to do is just to marinate the chicken, wrap it up in aluminium foil and bake in the oven or grilled over a BBQ stove or steamed until cooked. The ginger,garlicky flavours are all sealed up in the package. No water is added, the juices are from the chicken and sauces.
We will prepare this whenever we have a BBQ gathering and it is always a hit with guests.
Ingredients
2-3 pieces meaty chicken thighs - skin removed, cut bite size pieces [ I used deboned chicken whole legs]
3 dried mushrooms - soaked and cut [optional]
3 tbsp chopped garlic
some chopped spring onions
Marinade
1 tbsp each of light soy sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce [optional]
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbsp ginger juice or finely grated ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
  1. Wash and cut chicken into bite size pieces. Pat dry.
  2. Marinate with marinating sauce and chopped garlic for several hours or preferably overnight. 
  3. Place marinated chicken pieces in aluminium tray or foil. Wrap into a neat package. 
  4. Place package in a wok, pour in 300 ml water.  Bring to boil and cooked until water dries up.  Leave package in the wok for a minute.  Remove and garnish with spring onions. OR
  5. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked. You can open up the package and grill the chicken for another 5 minutes. 
  6. Remove and garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve immediately.

5 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I like this dish because it is so simple to do. The chicken I buy from the supermarket tends to release a lot of water, so there is no need to add any liquids.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmy
I just want to say thank you very much for your recipes. You have given me plenty of ideas for times when i run out of ideas what to cook. I have tried a handful of your recipes and they all turned out really well. So thank you.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, it would be good to use free range chicken if you are cooking it using my method. For grilling or BBQ, meaty chicken whole legs would be a better choice. I love the juices from this dish, very flavoursome.

Kimmy said...

Hi Anonymous, I'm very happy to note that the recipes that I have shared here is of help to your cooking adventure and I hope it is for others too. Happy cooking.

DubsMent said...

FANTASTIC! Made this for my husband and brother and it went down a storm. My hubby who doesn't really like pasta complimented the dish many times and my brother said it was restaurant standard! I can't wait to make it again!!

By the way you can take a look on my own recipe sharing site EatFormula.com Hope you will like it.

Thanks again