Followers

Monday, September 5, 2016

THAI GARLIC BLACK PEPPER PORK TENDERLOIN

Thai Garlic Black Pepper Pork Tenderloin aka Moo Tod Kra-tiam Prik Thai. Surprisingly good Thai pork dish.   It is flavoursome and the meat is tender and tasty.  Goes well with plain white rice or even boiled mashed potatoes with blanched vegetables like French beans and red carrots.

There are two ways to prepare this dish. One way is as per the procedures below and the second way is to fry the meat and prepare the sauce separately. I chose the method below cos' I wanted the meat to be tender and also to cut down on use of extra utensils.

The result is awesome whichever way.  
Recipe adapted from a Thai cookbook 'Healthy and Easy Thai Cooking' [my selected cookbook for Cookbook Countdown Event#9] with modifications.
Ingredients
[serves 2-3]
300 gm pork tenderloin - sliced thin big pieces
2 tbsp crispy fried garlic - garnishing
some French beans and carrots - blanched
1 tbsp chopped garlic
Marinade
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt [can omit]
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp oyster sauce
Sauce Ingredients [combined]
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
90 ml water
  1. Marinate meat with marinade for at least 30 minutes or more.
  2. Heat a non stick wok with 1 tbsp oil, pan fry meat until brown on both sides, push aside and add in chopped garlic.  Fry until aromatic, then pour in the sauce ingredients.
  3. Bring to boil and simmer until gravy is reduced and thick.
  4. Meanwhile, blanched vegetables until cooked through.  Dish up and drain.  Place on serving platter.
  5. Dish up cooked meat slices and garnish with fried crispy garlic.  Serve immediately.

4 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Looks very delicious! I love black pepper sauce, really great in any kind of meat. This looks like a very satisfying dinner!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, I wasn't too confident with this recipe but I'm glad I did try it cos' it is really yummy that I recommend my SIL to prepare this for my nephews. The meat and sauce are very tasty but not oily.

TeaLady said...

This is the kind of dish I make for just me. I am going to enjoy this one.

Kimmy said...

Hi TeaLady, me too wouldn't mind have this one again. It is yummylicious.