Followers

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

OKRA & DIP

Anyone of you have tried blanched Okra with a mayo dipping sauce?  Here is one that I have tried.  Very easy with simple ingredients, yet awesome.
This is a relatively guilt-free snack that is not only healthy but
also very tasty.  There is a choice of the sambal dip that you can use.  I chose the first one as the ingredients are easily available  from my kitchen and I need not invest in a bottle of ready-made sambal prawn sauce.
It is one of the many easy recipes from this month's selected cookbook for Cookbook Countdown Event#7- 'Home Cooking June 2002 Issue'.  
Ingredients
200 gm baby Okra [lady's fingers - blanched
Sambal Prawn Dip 
100 gm mayonnaise mix with
2 tbsp home-made sambal belacan
1 tbsp fried dried prawns - minced
OR
2 tbsp ready-made sambal prawn dip
  1. Mix dip ingredients and serve with blanched okra.

Cookbook Countdown
I'm sharing this post with Cookbook Countdown Event #7 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours and Emily's Cooking (Makan2) Foray

2 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Kimmy,
I have never tried mayo dip done this way to serve with okra! Looks good!

Kimmy said...

Hi Joyce, a glance at the photo, I thought the okra is raw. I tried it after knowing the okra have been blanched then serve with mayo. The bits of dried prawns in it adds the extra crunch. Simply nice.