Followers

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

TASTY STEAMED CHICKEN

This is one steamed chicken recipe which I found while clearing my file.  During my younger days [when I don't have a kitchen of my own], I used to collect easy recipes that I  came across, having in mind that I will prepare them when I have a kitchen all to myself.
I love trying new dishes but my mom and mother in-law are quite 'conservative' about trying new recipes or even new methods of food preparation.  They still prefer their old ways while I love to cut short and make things easy, after all, these days, we can't afford to waste much time as there are ample things in life to do. 
Anyway, back to this dish, it is easy and simple.  Just mix ingredients with the seasoning, arrange them in a steaming bowl or plate and then steam to cook.  One aromatic, nutritious and tasty dish waiting to be savour....The ingredients absorbed the tasty flavours of the seasoning when steamed.
Ingredients
2 chicken whole legs - skin removed and cut bite size pieces
Marinade for Chicken
1 tsp each light soy sauce and oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame seed oil and cornflour
dash of msg [optional]
Marinade for dried ingredients
1 tsp each light soy sauce and oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame seed oil and cornflour
dash of msg and sugar to taste
4 dried mushrooms - soaked, halved or quartered
some cloud ear fungus - soaked 
30 dried lily buds - soaked and knotted, hard tip removed
1 tbsp shredded ginger

  1. Marinate chicken pieces and dried ingredients with marinades for 10 minutes.
  2. Put marinated dried ingredients onto a steaming bowl or plate, arrange marinated chicken pieces on top.
  3. Steam over high heat for 25-30 minutes.
  4. Remove and garnish with some chopped spring onions.  Serve immediately.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Hi Kimmy.

Love your easy and simple recipes.

Good for small family too.

Kimmy said...

Hi Betty, my immediate family is small and I believe most young families, too especially when they don't live with their elders. Most recipes that I have shared here are nutritious and suitable for small families. Majority are rather healthy.

PH said...

Kimmy, I also like shortcut methods. I tend to shy away from recipes that require lengthy preparations. This dish is good. It's simple, quick and turns out tasty. Good for busy people like us.