Followers

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

BRAISED BBQ PORK BELLY

The other day, I was supposed to buy pork ribs to cook soup but didn't know why I chose pork belly.  My memory must be getting poor.
Without knowing what to do with the 300 gm of pork belly, I flipped through some of my recipe collections and came across this BBQ Pork Belly recipe which seems simple enough with most of the ingredients available in my kitchen.

Got down to cook it right away and this is the outcome.  A very tasty pork dish, the meat is tender but still has a bite.  The sauce is savoury sweet, fragrant which is nice to spread over rice.  Glad that I chose this recipe to try.  Instead of braising, this seasoning is good marinade  for barbecue spare ribs.

Ingredients
300 gm pork belly with skin - cut bite size pieces
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
1 tbsp each of chopped shallots and ginger
Seasoning
1 tbsp light soy sauce to taste
1 tbsp honey to taste
dash of pepper

  1. Marinate pork belly with BBQ sauce for at least 30 minutes. 
  2. Heat a non stick wok, add in pork belly. Reserve the marinade Pan fry until oil oozes out and meat pieces are brown.
  3. Push aside, add in chopped shallots and garlic.  Fry until aromatic and mix well. Add in marinade and seasoning.
  4. Bring to boil for awhile, then add in enough water to cover the meat.  Let it boil and simmer until gravy is thick and meat is tender.
  5. Dish up to serve with rice.

2 comments:

PH said...

Wah Kimmy...I will sure eat two plate of rice with the Braised BBQ Pork Belly. What type of BBQ sauce did you use?

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I didn't use store bought BBQ sauce. A friend gave me some homemade BBQ sauce and I used it to prepare this dish.
Remember my posting on Crispy Fried Chicken with BBQ Sauce? You can try this sauce recipe, it is good.
Ingredients for BBQ Sauce
60 ml light soy sauce
40 ml Worcester sauce
50 ml tomato sauce
100 gm sugar