Followers

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

EZCR#46 - BRAISED THREADFIN FISH WITH BASIL LEAVES

This is a nice fish dish cooked the Chinese way with basic ingredients like ginger and spring onions. The addition of basil leaves makes it fragrant and aromatic more than simple red braised [hoong siau].
Not difficult at all to prepare this dish which goes well with rice.
Ingredients
2 medium size threadfin fish [Ikan Senangin or Ma Yau Yee] – cleaned and keep whole
A bunch of basil leaves
Some shredded ginger
Some sliced spring onions
Some slice red chillies
3 tbsp water
Cooking oil
Seasoning 
1 tbsp each of light soy sauce, fish sauce and wine
1 tsp sugar
  1. Pan fry fish in a non-stick pan until cooked and crispy on both sides.
  2. Push aside, add in ginger, spring onions and chillies. Stir fry until aromatic and add in seasoning.
  3. Mix well and add in some water to braise the fish with the other ingredients. Taste to adjust seasoning.
  4. Lastly add in the basil leaves to cook until soft and turns green.
  5. Dish up to serve.

3 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, this is a simple and aromatic fish dish. Very appetizing I would imagine!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, didn't plan to share this post but change my mind cos' these fishes are from my hubby's fishing trip. They are very fresh and so 'sweet'.

Jackie Oliver said...

My husband loves seafood, and I would love to find some new ways to cook it. I love the idea of using fresh basil, it has such a great flavor, that would go so nicely with the fish. I'm sure my husband would absolutely love this. Now I just need to find the perfect fish!


http://www.westnfreshseafood.com.au/products/seafood/