Followers

Thursday, December 12, 2013

EZ Cabbage Salad

Cabbage is selling cheap at the supermarket.  Bought a whole cabbage, then was wondering what to do  with it.  Usually the case when you see things cheap, buy first and think later.  Most times I won't do such things  but I don't know why I was trapped, hehehe!
Anyway, to clear it off fast, I prepared an easy cabbage salad to serve with an easy boiled cubed potatoes [see post] and roasted chicken whole leg with tomato sauce [see recipe].  Sounds good enough for a simple weekend meal which turns out perfect.
Ingredients
[serves 3]
3-4 cups shredded cabbage
1 carrot - shredded
3 shallots - thinly sliced
3-4 small chilli - cut small pieces
3 kaffir lime leaves - cut thinly
Dressing - mix together
3 tbsp chopped garlic
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp calamansi juice
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil


  1. Mix salad ingredients together in a big bowl.
  2. Add combined dressing ingredients and mix well.
  3. Chill in the fridge before serving.
Notes: Visit this site for its' Nutritional Facts [here]

8 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

this sound very refreshing!

Unknown said...

Love this easy cabbage salad. Great as side dish with roast chicken.

Baby Sumo said...

I love cabbage too, I would probably be sucked in and bought a few cabbages if they were cheap at the supermarket. :P

Kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, I made several batches already. Tasted so much better if chilled for 2-3 days. The raw smell of cabbage and garlic isn't detectable at all.

Kimmy said...

Hi Vivian, really it's an easy and great side dish for roast or fried food.

Kimmy said...

Hi Baby Sumo, I love cabbage too but since I had history of thyroid, I have to watch out not to overeat. Must exercise control, hehehe!

PH said...

Kimmy, this sounds good! A bit like kerabu and it will be very appetizing.

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, this is good. Very appetising with fried or roasted meat.