Followers

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Raisins, Walnut and Oatmeal Cookies - CNY 2013

An easy yet very nice cookie that does not require moulding.  Just drop the dough of teaspoon size onto baking tray, baked and you will get 'rugged' shape crunchy cookies.  


I have been baking these cookies for many, many CNY.  But, I realised this recipe is quite similar to the other cookie recipe which I did 'cranberry, walnut and oatmeal cookies' [from Happy Home Baking].

Ingredients
[makes 120 pieces - 2 bottles]
180 gm butter
150 gm sugar [I used 100 gm]
100 gm brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
180 gm plain flour - sifted
100 gm oatmeal
100 gm raisins
100 gm chopped walnuts


  1. Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.  Add in essence and egg, continue to beat until well combined.
  2. Mix flour with oatmeal.  Add to creamed butter mixture and fold to incorporate ingredients.
  3. Lastly fold in raisins and chopped walnuts.
  4. Drop a teaspoonful of dough onto baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving some space in between dough.
  5. Baked in preheated oven at 175-180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven and transfer cookies to cool on wire rack before storing in airtight container.

I am submitting this post to Chinese New Year Delights 2013
hosted by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

Nasi Lemak Lover

6 comments:

Sokehah cheah said...

Wow, all set for CNY, Kimmy! Cookies look good!

PH said...

I say, Kimmy! If only I were your neighbour I would be able to taste a lot of cookies hee..hee...I am adding your cookies to my collection. Will start my cookie baking this weekend.

kimmy said...

Hi Cheah, have to start early cos' I'm baking quite a lot for giveaways to my mum, MIL and relatives. Believe me I don't keep any at home.

kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, you are welcome to try. I'm quite selective with the cookies I baked. They must be really good and keep well, otherwise I'll dump the recipe. Happy baking, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmy, do toast your oatmeal?
Are these cookies crunchy type?
Thank you - Vivien

kimmy said...

Hi Anonymous, I didn't toast the oatmeal. These cookies are crunchy with the walnuts and chewy with the raisins.