Followers

Monday, December 10, 2012

Wolf Berry Leaf Soup

 
A healthy soup for the family with simple ingredients.  This is a quick boil soup with vegetables [you can add more of the vegetable if you like] and you need not have another stir fry vegetable.
Ingredients
[serves 2-3]

150 gm  lean meat - washed and keep whole
200 gm wolfberry leaves [kou gei] 
4-5 pieces of tong sum
4-5 Chinese red dates
1 tbsp wolfberries [kei chi]
700 ml water
salt and pepper to taste
dash of pepper and chicken stock granules
  1. Bring water to boil with tong sum and red dates for several minutes.
  2. Add in the meat.  Boil until meat is cooked and tender.
  3. Add in seasoning to taste, kei chi and lastly the wolfberry leaves.
  4. Bring to boil for  1-2 minutes until leaves are cooked.
  5. Off heat, remove the meat and cut into slices.
  6. Return meat slices to soup and serve immediately.
 
 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally educative and engaging, and
without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that not enough people are speaking intelligently about.

I'm very happy I came across this during my search for something concerning this.
Also see my webpage :: Cooking Simple Vegetables

PH said...

Kimmy, this is a very good and simple vege soup. I didn't know that "gou gei" is wolfberry leaf. My mother used to cook it in soup too back when I was still in school.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I boil kou gei even more simple , just boil ikan bills stock , add kou gei and then add in egg. Your version is sound healthy with added herbs ..

kimmy said...

Hi Sonia, this was taught to me my an elderly lady at the wet market. With herbs, the soup is more tasty and not too 'cooling'.