Followers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bubur Pulut Hitam With Durian

Normally, Bubur Pulut Hitam sweet dessert  [black glutinous rice sweet dessert] is served with thick coconut milk.  Sometime ago,  a colleague of mine from Singapore told me that this dessert taste good with durian instead of coconut milk.  I cooked this before but did not post the recipe and was planning to do so  when the king of fruits is back.   Myself, I like it both ways.
The local durian season is now on in Penang.  My hubby bought a few fruits and it's quite costly at the moment because it's just the beginning.  I reserved some to cook this dessert again.  Just to enjoy..lol.  The durian smell wasn't that strong when you are savouring it.  It is stronger when someone else is eating it nearby... Unbelievable.
Ingredients
[serves 4-5]
100 gm black glutinous rice - washed
2 pieces screwpine leaves [pandan leaves] - washed and knotted
6 cups of water
100 - 120 gm sugar
100 - 150 gm durian flesh - mashed slightly into a rough paste
  1. Put rice, pandan leaves and water in a pot.  Bring to boil and cook until rice is soften and cooked [when cooked, the water is reduced and the rice is thick and sticky]. 
  2. Then add in sugar to taste.  Add in durian flesh.  Stir to mix well.  Off fire.
  3. Serve dessert warm or hot.
Notes:
  • The black glutinous rice is from Kelantan.  Very good quality, not husky and cooks fast.  Naturally sticky when soft and cooked.

7 comments:

PH said...

Mmmmm.....I know I will love this dessert. Pulut hitam is one of my favorites and combine that with durian, I will float to heaven......Just a suggestion, I think if you add santan to this one, it will be even more lemak.

Kimmy said...

You are right, given a choice I will take this dessert with thick coconut milk with some salt instead of the durian. I prefer to eat durian as it is esp. Pg local durians.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

oh, this look really tempting and i bet it taste heavenly! yum yum!

Kimmy said...

Not too bad for a change and it's easy to prepare too.

Yan said...

I think I still like pulut hitam with coconut cream.

Kimmy said...

I agree unless you use a very sweet and fragrant specie of durian

Shemon Fenz said...

Thank you so much for sharing the recipe for a tasty dessert.

dessert durian sg