Followers

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

EZCR#77 - MUA EU KAY WITH GIZZARDS

 Sometimes I do miss this sesame flavour braised chicken [a common homey dish] that is so easy to prepare compared to many other chicken dishes.
This one is a little different from the usual as I added gizzards and wolfberries [goji].  It looks good and also tastes good.  The chicken/gizzards are tasty and the sauce is awesome to spread over rice.  I love the ginger slices, they are good if you are a ginger lover.

Ingredients
1 large chicken whole leg - skin removed and cut into pieces
6 pieces chicken gizzards - cleaned, halved and blanched
1 tbsp wolf berries
30 gm ginger - thinly sliced
2 tbsp sesame seed oil
Seasoning
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp wine
1/4 tsp sugar

  1. Heat wok, add in sesame oil, saute ginger slices until aromatic and crispy at the edges.
  2. Add in chicken, fry until it turns firm, add in gizzards and seasoning ingredients.  Stir to mix and coat well before adding enough water to cover the ingredients.
  3. Bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer until gravy is reduced, stirring occasionally.  Add in goji, stir to mix well.
  4. Dish up to serve with rice.


2 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I love mua eu kay! I also happen to like gizzards. Quite a good idea to add into the mua eu kay. I would also add liver hee..hee..

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I love this dish and my hubby did say that the sauce is awesome with rice. At time, I do add liver to sesame chicken but dare not share the recipe cos' many people aren't eating it.