Followers

Thursday, July 7, 2016

STIR FRY LOTUS ROOTS WITH BLACK FUNGUS

Recently, I prepared this dish at my mother in-law's place and was quite surprised with her positive feedback.  All these years of cooking in her kitchen, I hardly hear any positive comments on the dishes I have cooked.  She said 'this is good, the lotus roots are crunchy but too much minced meat'.  Actually, this recipe was from a neighbor who is a good cook. I have actually reduced the meat portion to only 50 gm.
Anyway, I glad that she likes and enjoyed this dish very much.
Ingredients
1 stalk celery - peeled and cut slantwise
1 small carrot - sliced thinly
1 bulb lotus roots - scraped the skin and sliced thinly
some black fungus [bok nee] - soaked and drained
50 gm minced pork or chicken
some sliced garlic
Seasoning [combined in a small bowl]
1 tbsp each of oyster sauce and wine
dash of pepper and salt to taste
dash of chicken stock granules
1 tsp cornflour and 50 ml water

  1. Blanch lotus roots and carrots in a wok of boiling water for 1-2 minutes.  Drained in a colander.
  2. Heat up 1 tbsp oil, fry minced meat until fragrant and oil oozes out.  Add in garlic, fry until aromatic.
  3. Add in the remaining ingredients, stir to mix well.  Add in seasoning mixture, bring to boil until sauce becomes thick.
  4. Dish up and serve immediately.

2 comments:

PH said...

Kimmy, I used to order this dish quite frequently at a restaurant but theirs is without the minced meat. I think yours is better!

Kimmy said...

Hi Phong Hong, I think this can be a vegetarian dish without adding the minced meat. Since this is a friend's recipe, I thought I would be better to follow it. Honestly, I like this dish too cause it is packed with fibre.